Saturday 5 November 2011

Monaco.

“To me there’s nothing more important than personal hygiene. 

“I love coming home so I can have baked beans on toast.”



“I cook wherever I am, really. I tend to cook the most in our beach house.”


 “A bath and money. Those are the high points of a man’s life!”



“Wherever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world. 
I can’t help but cry. I mean I’d love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff”
“I am very passionate about cleanliness and housework".

“Im going home and I will be washing the dishes.”
“I have a toot brush in my car, in my bedroom, bathroom, kitchen. 
I have them all over the house, I brush all the time!”




This was a typography project, but,very different approach from the actual ordinary typography brief. 
We were given the word 'MONACO' By JULIA and had to make a publication with it as we had to use a typeface called monaco, which was a monospaced sans-serif typeface and a very boring font for mac. I very much enjoyed it as my group was brilliantly worked well together.  We found facts about monaco that this tiny country is one of the most ridiculously richest country in the world. Also, people who live there are millionaires. 
So, we have replaced the ordinary materials that these products consist of with luxurious alternatives, hoping to illustrate the ridiculous ideas we imagine of the lives of the wealthy. Each image of the objects has a quote taken from famously wealthy Monacan citizens, which mockingly suggest that these objects might actually exist in their world.  We tried to represent the ostentatious notion of the content with the dominant scale, very unconstructed folding shape ,and golden corners. However, the folding was necessarily needed as we are planing to make a very huge posh book by it. 


Collaborated with Tamara E, Sam C, Rossie F, Yujin K, Jamina. 

No comments:

Post a Comment